Who can access our service?
Advocacy is INDEPENDENT, FREE and CONFIDENTIAL and is available to people of all ages living in Orkney who need support to have their voice heard and their views considered.
- Children and Young People
- People with a physical disability
- People with a learning disability
- People with mental ill-health
- People with dementia
- People with an alcohol or drug dependancy
- People who are eligible for Self-Directed Support
- People who are facing homelessness
- Anyone experiencing poverty and disadvantage
This is only an example list of some of the people we help, if you do not see your own situation above this does not mean we cannot help, please contact us.
Types of Advocacy Available
- Groups of people who all have a common problem
One to one advocacy
- Private one to one with an independent advocate
Non instructed advocacy
- When someone is unable to communicate (long term illness or disability, dementia or profound and/or severe learning difficulties)
If you wish to refer someone to Advocacy Orkney or you wish to refer yourself please click here and follow the instructions.