Children and Young People
Children and Young People should be able to have their views listened to and should be involved in decisions affecting them.
Advocacy Orkney want to support children and young people to understand what help is possible and what their choices may be.
The Children and Young Persons Advocate provides a free confidential and independent advocacy service to children and young people of all ages who are not Looked After (there is a separate referral agency who will provide support for “Looked after children”).
We can help children and young people who find..
- It hard to speak up for themselves.
- Get tongue tied and don’t manage to say what they really want to say.
- Don’t think that they’re being treated fairly, so do nothing about it as unsure of what can be done.
- Don’t feel that they’re being listened to and treated as an equal.
- Don’t understand what’s happening or what they’re being told.
- Feel left out of the decisions regarding care, education or support.
If you wish to find out more information on Independent Advocacy for Children and Young People please contact us on: 01856 870111, email; firstname.lastname@example.org
To refer someone to Advocacy Orkney or you wish to refer yourself please click here and follow the instructions.