- Regardless of disability, health, reputation or background, every individual in Orkney should have an equal opportunity to obtain and sustain gainful employment.
- Employability Orkney aims to recognise and cater for the diverse support needs of those who are most disadvantaged in the labour market.
Aims & Objectives
- To assist disadvantaged/socially excluded individuals in the community to secure paid employment opportunities, with appropriate and sustained employment support.
- To tackle negative issues about employing individuals with additional support needs by promoting the benefits of a diverse workforce for the local labour market.
- To promote social inclusion in the Orkney community by means of improving individuals’ employability.