- To help local people overcome some of the effects of poverty on their lives by providing a source of quality furniture and household goods at low cost.
- To enable homeless people or those threatened with homelessness to take up tenancies they otherwise could not, as furnishings and floor coverings are conditions of tenancy.
- To work in partnership with other agencies and organisations with similar aims and objectives.
- To collect, restore, recycle and redistribute pre-used furniture and household goods donated by members of the public.
- To assist the local authority in meeting the targets set out in the local area waste plan by preventing/reducing landfill and exported waste.
- To encourage and facilitate recycling activities throughout the local community.
- To provide a range of sustainable supported employment, training and volunteering opportunities which promote social inclusion for those furthest from the labour market.
- To work collaboratively with other agencies and organisations with a similar remit.
- To work closely with individuals and employers to challenge and ultimately overcome the barriers people face to mainstream employment.