The Stromness Regatta has been rescheduled and will now take place on Saturday, 14 August 2021, weather permitting.
The Scottish Government is due to announce shortly what changes will be made in relation to COVID-19 prevention regulations after 8 August 2021 but for the moment we are sticking to the current guidance. As this is an 'organised' event, we are required to take names and contact numbers for everyone involved in the event whether sailing or carrying out supporting roles and to keep that information for 21 days. In relation to this and other COVID-19 Protection guidance measures for the event please follow this link and please help us by complying with the guidelines:
Key points to note about the Regatta generally are:
- 09:00 Registration in blue cabin, please wear face covering
- 09:30 Briefing
- 11:00 First race immediately after ferry departs
- Two races back-to-back
- Race 1: Yachts, Yoles, Snipes, Mixed Centreboards, Catamarans
- Race 2: Yachts, Yoles, Allcomer Dinghies, Catamarans
- Entry fee - £10 per boat plus £5 per person, exact money please, no change given
- No changing facilities
- Toilets open but not to be used for changing
- Bring your own snack, no food being provided
- Water/soft drinks available after sailing
- Prizegiving with Highland Park prizes outside by the slip
- Names of sailors and helpers in draw for Highland Park prize
- For queries please email [email protected]
Please follow the link below for the Sailing Instructions, Course Chart, Regatta Starting Sequence (including reminder of flags) and Order of Starts. Please print off a copy of anything you need as no printed copies will be available on the Day. Also, mainly for the yachts, the approximate position of the course buoys can be found by following the fifth link below.
Tides: The racing will all take place on a rising tide.
LW 08:02 BST 0.4m
HW 14:25 BST 3.1m