13 March 2019Cooke Aquaculture Winter Woollies Show
Here is the Schedule and Entry form for our open Winter Woollies Show, which will be held on Saturday 16th March at Orkney Riding Centre.
We're very grateful to Cooke Aquaculture who is sponsoring the show for us again this year.
This is an Open show, which means non-club members are welcome to enter, so if there is anyone you think would like to take part then let them know. Both the Inhand and Ridden sections run indoors with the arena split, and we hope to have a spectator seating area in the arena.
You can enter as many classes as you are eligible for, although please read through the schedule to make sure you give us all the information we need on the entry form. The classes may NOT run in the order they are on the schedule, this will be decided once the entries are in, and ORC reserves the right to change, amalgamate or cancel any classes. We will post up a running order and the numbers in each class on our FB page before the show.
Can those who have trophies from last year please get them engraved and returned asap.
The kitchen will be fundraising for our Area 22 competitors, and all donations of food would be appreciated.
The day after the WW Show - Sunday 17th March - you will get the chance to do some jumping in the Charity Arena Events, this time for Motor Neurone Disease, and ORC is happy to be sponsoring the arena hire for this event.
12 March 2019Dressage League 1 - Sunday 31st March
The entry form for League 1 on Sunday 31st March can be found on the following link:
Dressage Tests and GPL Points Cards are on links further down.
The BRC Grassroots Points League has started for 2019 and will run until the end of October. This is a fabulous opportunity for our members who are taking part in the Intro & Prelim tests at our Dressage League to take part.
The details are below along with a link to download a Points Card, and also for the Dressage Tests we are using at for the 2019 ORC Dressage League.
The Grassroots Points League is a new opportunity for all BRC Members
All Walk & Trot and Prelim Level Dressage competitors can gain points at BRC Club organised competitions. Points can be gained when competing at BRC Club organised competitions only.
Competitors themselves must return their score card to the BRC Head Office no later than the 7th of the following month. Results on cards received after this time will not count. The competition will run for ten months from January – October 2019, there will be rosettes down to 10th place.
It's so simple, just follow these easy steps:
1. Download and print your blank points card from the BRC website.
2. Compete at any Dressage Walk & Trot and Prelim Level BRC Club organised competition.
3. Ask the Secretary at the event to confirm your placing with their signature.
4. Post your completed points card back to BRC HQ by the 7th of the following month.
The Grassroots Points League will run according to the official BRC rules found in the current BRC Rule Book p 84- 85.
1. Individuals can compete in Dressage Walk & Trot and Prelim Level.
2. It is the individuals’ responsibility to download and print this card and produce it at every relevant competition to gain the signature of the Secretary upon being placed.
3. The Grassroots Points League takes place between 1 January - 31 October 2019. Completed points cards must be returned to BRC Head Office no later than the 7th of the following month. Results on cards received after this time will not count.
4. Checks will be carried out by BRC HQ to ensure that the information provided is correct.
5. Individuals can compete at club and area level. However a qualifying class for a BRC Championship may not be used to gain points for this league.
6. Individuals can compete across all clubs and areas.
7. If the card is not filled out correctly, the results will not be counted.
Placing to Points table
1st place = 6 points
2nd place = 5 points
3rd place = 4 points
4th place = 3 points
5th place = 2 points
6th place = 1 point
The 2019 Dressage League Tests are below:
Terry Penna is doing an Improvers Dressage Day on:
Saturday 30th March
To book email Terry to: email@example.com.
The 2019 Dressage League will start on Sunday 31st March.
11 March 2019Colin Hexley Clinic & SJ Comp
BHS Orkney welcomes back Colin Hexley on April 5th & 6th. Lessons available for all standards from experienced, fully Insured Show Jumping course builder and coach. Colin's friendly approach is suitable for all ages and stages, whether aiming for dizzy heights of competition, or to gain confidence at any level. On Sunday 7th, Colin will produce one of his lovely courses when both the BHS Spring Show Jumping show classes will run alongside the Pony Club League Classes. Be sure to come along and enjoy a great week-end of Show Jumping. Entry forms for lessons will be available from the usual places, while entry for the Show Jumping Competition is on the day.
05 January 20192019 DATES and RC MEMBERSHIP
A updated calendar of events can be found on the link below.
Your 2019 Membership is now (over) due.
Our membership year runs from the 1st October, although new (& renewing) members can join at any time.
The cost is £25 for a riding/competing member or £20 for a non-riding member. You must be aged 18 to join.
We welcome new members - a membership form should be available on the link above, and also in the Library section or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.