You can usually apply for the scheme if you’re one of the following:
- Fisheries business or organisation.
- Aquaculture business or organisation.
- Fisheries based community.
Orkney’s Fisheries Local Action Group will focus on the following priorities, with all applications required to demonstrate a strong linkage to at least one:
- The diversification and sustainable management of the local fisheries sector
- Developing new market opportunities and added value for fish products
- Initiatives for diversification in fisheries-based communities
Projects which may help achieve the priorities of the Orkney Fisheries Local Action Group could include, but are not limited to, initiatives which:
- Support enhancement and diversification of fisheries related assets
- Develop fisheries related local research and data collection
- Support skills development, lifelong learning, and bespoke training opportunities
- Encourage diversification within fisheries and aquaculture sectors, as well as initiatives to create or enhance small scale fisheries
- Develop initiatives to identify new markets and enhance supply chain integration
Information on - How to Apply