You can usually apply for the scheme if you’re one of the following:
- Fisheries business or organisation.
- Aquaculture business or organisation.
- Fisheries based community.
Please note - All projects are required to be fully complete, with all funds claimed by 31 March 2018.
Orkney’s Fisheries Local Action Group will focus on the following priorities, with all applications required to demonstrate a strong linkage to at least one:
- The diversification and sustainable management of the local fisheries sector
- Developing new market opportunities and added value for fish products
- Initiatives for diversification in fisheries-based communities
Projects which may help achieve the priorities of the Orkney Fisheries Local Action Group could include, but are not limited to, initiatives which:
- Support enhancement and diversification of fisheries related assets
- Develop fisheries related local research and data collection
- Support skills development, lifelong learning, and bespoke training opportunities
- Encourage diversification within fisheries and aquaculture sectors, as well as initiatives to create or enhance small scale fisheries
- Develop initiatives to identify new markets and enhance supply chain integration
Information on - How to Apply