Every July Orkney Heritage Society organises an evening trip to the uninhabited island of Eynhallow accompanied by RSPB and Historic Environment Scotland Rangers, along with archaeologists from Orkney College/UHI Archaeological Institute.
Orkney Heritage Society are pleased to confirm the date set for the 2019 trip to Eynhallow.
Tuesday 16 July 2019
Check-in at Tingwall ferry terminal 7pm, sailing at 7.30pm
PLEASE NOTE TICKETS WILL NOT BE ON SALE UNTIL 1 JUNE 2019
AND MAY NOT BE RESERVED IN ADVANCE
TICKETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE ON THE EVENING OF THE TRIP
A link to the ticketing site will be posted here on 1 June and tickets will be available ONLY via this method.
Reserve date in case Orkney Ferries choose not to sail owing to weather/technical difficulties: Wednesday 17 July 2019.
- Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Walking is over rough ground, please wear stout shoes and bring warm and waterproof clothing.
- NO DOGS ARE PERMITTED ON THE TRIP.
- NO REFUNDS EXCEPT IN EVENT OF TRIP CANCELLATION.
- Cancellation will only occur in the event of severe weather. If in doubt telephone Tingwall Ferry Office on 01856 751360 within office hours on the day to confirm sailing.
- There are no facilities on the island of any kind.
- The ferry departs Eynhallow at 10pm SHARP!
Here's a few pictures from the 2017 trip. More on the OHS Facebook page
Read more about Eynhallow on the Orkneyjar website, or click on the text below to be taken to a tale about our 1990 trip: