Shapinsay Renewables Ltd is looking to recruit a Turbine Manager. The post holder will have responsibility for all the administrative and management tasks relevant to the safe and efficient operation of Whirly, the community turbine, including;
• Responsibility for H&S systems, site records and training
• Monitoring and recording of generating/operational data from the Turbine
• Ensuring accurate financial monitoring and controls are in place and maintained; raising and paying invoices; liaison with company accountant and making periodic returns
• Managing Turbine Operators, including providing cover if required.
• Ensuring all aspects of the relevant maintenance agreements are met
• Reporting as required to the SRL Board on all aspects of site operation and management
• Attending meetings and/or forums relevant to the operation and benefit of the turbine project.
• Overall responsibility for site access and security.
The hours of work are flexible and will average around 14 hours a week, paid at a rate of £16 per hour.
A full job description is available on the SDT website http://www.orkneycommunities.co.uk/SHAPINSAY
Application in writing along with a full CV to: Sheila Garson, Newlot, Shapinsay.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Friday 15th November 2013
Job Description can be found in the Library