OUT OF HOURS FERRY PILOT REVIEW
We received 34 completed questionnaires issued at the end of the pilot.
Positive comments included:
- Has made life easier and better.
- An excellent idea, and an excellent service.
- Leaving early in the morning and arriving back later has meant I don’t have to stay away from home so much.
- A good thing, I support any future developments.
- You’ve opened up a lot of opportunities by making it affordable.
- Best use of funds by the Trust so far.
- It’s great! The freedom is lovely!
- It gives people more scope for evening classes, movies, the swimming pool, restaurants, etc.
- Having the ferry has allowed me to apply for work I would not have been able to previously, also evening meetings in Kirkwall.
- Definitely makes Shapinsay better – (providing it continues).
- A great and much needed service for Shapinsay.
- Thank you!
- It has made life easier; keep it going – PLEASE!
- Opened up the Island – timetables are great and work so well for me.
- Makes the difference between getting to functions or missing them.
- Given time for people to get used to it being available this could transform life for the better in the same way that the MV Shapinsay did/has done since 1990.
- I haven’t used it yet but I like to know it’s available.
Revision to the time-table as follows, in line with Summer OIC ferry changes:
Monday – Friday, Shapinsay to Kirkwall @ 7pm, returning @ 7.30pm.
Saturday, Shapinsay to Kirkwall @ 10pm, returning @ 10.30pm.
Sunday, request service only; not afternoons unless “Emergency” requests
A “new” fare of £2 for under age 16 passengers.