Orkney Image Library

<< back
mv. St. Clair
The Orkney Image Library

Help us get organised! If we haven't correctly identified which area this picture is best listed under, please select it below and click Done!

view a random pic
mv. St. Clair

Built by Ailsa Shipbuilding Co. Ltd for North of Scotland, Orkney & Shetland Shipping Co - 1960
Large Version View Large Version
Picture added on 07 March 2008
Comments:
The last real "North Boat" lasted till replaced by ro/ro "St Clair" ex 1965 built "SF Panther" in 1977. However despite being antiquated compared to her 5 years younger successor this ship was the first one to have fin-stabilisers and refrigerated hold space for the fish trade.
She was single screw with a Sulzer main engine but no bowthrust which was actually probably better than the 1950 "St Ninian" which was twin screw but only had a single rudder.
Added by Willie Mackay on 06 June 2011
<< back

Kirkwall

Surrender of the German Fleet November 21 1918Boys ba, Christmas 1910MV Eastern Prince modelKirkwall from the air, 1955Kirkwall from the air, 1955Kirkwall from the air, 1955Kirkwall from the air, 1955KIrkwall from the air 1955KGS Pertlelote