Supported Employment – free service to individuals and employers
Restart Orkney – employment, reuse & recycling
Employability Orkney - developing and promoting the employability of individuals furthest from the labour market in Orkney.
Anyone who experiences a disadvantage in gaining employment is catered for. This includes individuals with learning or physical disabilities, mental health needs, alcohol/substance misuse needs, ex-offenders, care leavers and the long-term unemployed.
We offer a free Supported Employment service to individuals AND employers.
Our Restart Orkney project helps people living on low-income or benefits. We carry out restoration of donated furniture, and reuse salvaged materials to manufacture original products.
Items are sold in our low-cost Showroom along with good-quality, donated household items and white goods.
Through social enterprise we provide a range of supported volunteering, training and paid work opportunities for people who face barriers to mainstream employment.
Employability Orkney is registered in Scotland as a charitable company, limited by guarantee.
Our services & products
• Supported Employment – free to individuals and employers
• assistance in finding suitable work
• training and work placement
• supported volunteering
• support in the workplace
• coaching & mentoring
• employer assistance
• job analysis
• job matching
• job coaching
• vocational profiling
• Restart Orkney
• Orkney community social enterprise
• low-cost furniture and household goods showroom
• concessions for those on low-income or benefits
• furniture reuse
• household goods reuse
• white goods reuse
• furniture restoration
• salvage and recycling
• wood reuse
• Orkney Heritage Bookcases
• Orkney Heritage Wall Shelves
• Orkney Heritage Add-On Bookcases
• raised grow beds
• raised grow bed tables
• bird nest boxes
• collection and delivery service
• house clearance
• helping to sustain our community and environment
• local charity accepting donations of goods and materials