Please take a photograph of your group "in action." Don't forget to ask for permission from everyone for the photo to be published on the web. Then email it to the address below and we will upload it to the gallery.
Music Appreciation Group
by Allan Way - 16:48 on 31 August 2014
A Mini Report of the U.3.A music group-Meeting on 28th-August
Our theme this month was "Life and Death"-a very wide area -and this is the selection we listened to -chosen by the eight members present-
1) some of the Mozart Requiem
2) Edith Piaf -Vie en Rose
3) Pavanne on the Death of the Infanta-Faure
4) Kathleen Ferrier -What is Life
5) Poem of Life and Love-Delius
6) Andante Festivo-Sibelius
7) John Denver-Back Home Again
8) Mark Spoelstra-12th Avenue
9) Knocking on Heavens door-the Song Shop
10)Ukrainian songs of death
12)Haydn -The Creation
13)Death and The Maiden
15) is you is or is you not my baby-Glen Miller
16)Death Comes Knocking on my Door.
These selections come with personnal anecdotes and reasons for choosing-which makes for a very amusing-informative-morning-
The next meeting is on the 25th sept-when the theme will be "Dance-"
for further info-
new friends are very welcome.
We also enjoy a cuppa and cake-for which we put in a donation to Marie Curie.
Add your comment