WANTED - Board Members
Orkney ZeroWaste is urgently seeking new, active and enthusiastic board members to help support the organisation through the next exciting phase of our development. The OZ board generally meets once a month, for 2-3 hours on a week-day evening.
Background and nature of the organisation:
Over the last 4 years OZ has instigated a number of associated projects to develop the concept.
- We started a collaboration to collect and bale black agricultural plastic from farms in Orkney, for recycling south.
- We undertook a study into the potential to recycle/reprocess waste plastic.
- We carried out a commercial waste survey, with over 600 questionnaires sent out to businesses across the county.
- Subsequently, we started a commercial paper and card collection scheme collecting from businesses in Kirkwall and feeding into the Council paper recycling system.
- We also participate in the national Master Composter Scheme, and have a part-time project officer coordinating several community Master Composter volunteers to promote home composting around Orkney.
- We have recently secured funding to set up STEPTOZE YARD in Stromness (see STEPTOZE YARD page)
Anyone interested in joining the OZ board please get in touch. We hope to run a training course for all new and re-new-ed board members soon , to make sure everyone is up to speed with the rules and regulations, - and best practise- of running a community organisation like OZ.
Anyone interested in helping us should contact one of the current OZ board members below:
Sue Struthers – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenni Kakkonen – email: Jenni_kakkonen@hotmail.com
Jenny Taylor – email: email@example.com