The Holm Community Centre is a great venue for weddings - the facilities are very versatile and can cater for various sizes of functions from a small gathering up to a meal for 180 people and dances for up to 300.
Please look through the information and pictures provided below and then send us your details using the 'contact us' page. We can send you a copy of our full information sheet and , if you have a date in mind, we can enter a provisional booking, then arrange a time for you to view the hall and discuss your requirements before making any final decisions.
General Information - Wedding Receptions
- Seating capacity for a meal is a maximum of 180 and the total capacity for a dance is 280-300 maximum.
- There are various set-up styles which can be used in the hall and the bookings secretary has a folder containing photographs of set ups for previous weddings / functions which can be viewed to provide examples of layout.
2015 Hire Charges
- The hire charge for a wedding includes the use of the whole building - Main Hall, Kitchen, Games Room and Graeme Room.
- The hire period starts from 9am the day before the wedding through until 12 noon the day after, to allow for both setting up and clearing the hall.
- The current charge for this is £420.00 (set @ 01/01/14)
- If a hirer wishes to have the use of the hall for additional periods a further charge of £52.50 will be levied per half day (i.e. from 2pm onwards / up to 2pm etc).
(If you would like to receive a quote for your specific requirements and / or to obtain details of the Associations deposit and payment terms please contact the Bookings Secretary)
- There is a wooden plinth around the hall for attaching decorations and a pin board in the foyer for photographs if required.
- 17m long / 8.5m wide / 4.5m stage / 2.72m from top of wooden plinth to the floor / 10cm skirting
- Disco Ball: The Holm Community Centre has a large disco ball which can be put up in the main hall on request.
- Graeme Room: The Graeme Room has previously been used for taking photos and can be handy to have as an option in case the weather is not kind on the day.
- Tables / Chairs / Chair covers: The Holm Community Centre has standard fold down trestle tables and plastic function chairs. Previous functions have hired chair covers locally and used them on these chairs by folding down the backs.
- Lighting: There are various lighting options in each of the different rooms within the Community Centre including dimmer switches in the Graeme Room and Games Room and dimmable halogen spots in the main hall. Spot Lights can also be used for the main stage if required.
- Civil Ceremonies: The Holm Community Centre has previously been licensed for wedding ceremonies. If you would like to discuss this option further please contact the bookings secretary.